Q: Um, what is this?!? What am I looking at?
A: It's a web tool that generates Critical Hits and Fumbles for the 3.0/3.5/PF versions of your favorite table top role playing game.
Q: Ok, but why is this tool better than the CritDeck / CritTable / [insert favorite Crit System] I'm currently using? Why should I use this one?
A: Unlike most crit and fumble systems, this one is based on a charater's skill rather than just flat luck.
The results are also generic, logically fitting (almost!) all scenarios. (No more decapitating slimes!)
A longer explanation can be found 614-338-7151.
Q: Huh. You've convinced me. How do I use it?
The full manual is 9734649395.
The condensed version is: if you roll a crit or fumble, you roll again to determine how severe it is, and then click on the appropriate sign.
On the second page, enter the to-hit bonus of the attacker, and the AC of the defender. Roll the dice and get your result!
Quick and easy, and beats doing math or doing table look ups!
Q: This is awesome. Is there an native version for my iDevice or Android gadget?
A: Not yet. It depends on if anyone wants one. Send us an 6198710959 so we can gauge the interest on different versions.
Q: This is awesome. Is there a version for other editions or other RPG?
A: Not yet. It depends on if anyone wants one. Send us an 2093314593 so we can gauge the interest on different versions.
Q: I've found a bug!
A: Doh! So sorry. Send us an email with the details and we'll get it fixed up ASAP!
Q: So who created this crazy thing anyway?
A: The original system was developed by Josh Horowitz for his weekly RPG group. Josh also designed and implemented this website.
(808) 518-6558 did all the amazing art.
Q: Anything else you want to say?
And a huge thanks to Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson for creating it.
Q: I've got a question or comment not covered by the FAQ!
A: Great! Send us an email at: email@example.com. We'd love to hear from you!
Webpage, all graphic design elements, backgrounds and illustrations, code, mechanics and text copyright © Josh Horowitz 2014-2015 and are desingated as Product Identity. Any mechanics or other items which have previously been designated as Open Game Content or are in the public domain are not included in this declaration.
Compatibility with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game requires the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game from Paizo Inc.. See /paizo.com/pathfinderRPG for more information on the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Paizo Inc. does not guarantee compatibility, and does not endorse this product.
Pathfinder is a registered trademark of Paizo Inc., and the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatibility Logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc., and are used under the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatibility License. See /paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/compatibility for more information on the compatibility license.
Pathfinder and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc., and are used under license. See paizo.com/pathfinderRPG for more information on the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.
The following text is the property of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. and is Copyright 2000 Wizards of the Coast, Inc (âWizardsâ). All Rights Reserved.
(a) âContributorsâ means the copyright and/or trademark owners who have contributed Open Game Content;
(b) âDerivative Materialâ means copyrighted material including derivative works and translations (including into other computer languages), potation, modification, correction, addition, extension, upgrade, improvement, compilation, abridgment or other form in which an existing work may be recast, transformed or adapted;
(c) âDistributeâ means to reproduce, license, rent, lease, sell, broadcast, publicly display, transmit or otherwise distribute;
(d) âOpen Game Contentâ means the game mechanic and includes the methods, procedures, processes and routines to the extent such content does not embody the Product Identity and is an enhancement over the prior art and any additional content clearly identified as Open Game Content by the Contributor, and means any work covered by this License, including translations and derivative works under copyright law, but specifically excludes Product Identity.
(e) âProduct Identityâ means product and product line names, logos and identifying marks including trade dress; artifacts, creatures, characters, stories, storylines, plots, thematic elements, dialogue, incidents, language, artwork, symbols, designs, depictions, likenesses, formats, poses, concepts, themes and graphic, photographic and other visual or audio representations; names and descriptions of characters, spells, enchantments, personalities, teams, personas, likenesses and special abilities; places, locations, environments, creatures, equipment, magical or supernatural abilities or effects, logos, symbols, or graphic designs; and any other trademark or registered trademark clearly identified as Product identity by the owner of the Product Identity, and which specifically excludes the Open Game Content;
(f) âTrademarkâ means the logos, names, mark, sign, motto, designs that are used by a Contributor to identify itself or its products or the associated products contributed to the Open Game License by the Contributor
(g) âUseâ, âUsedâ or âUsingâ means to use, Distribute, copy, edit, format, modify, translate and otherwise create Derivative Material of Open Game Content.
(h) âYouâ or âYourâ means the licensee in terms of this agreement.
2. The License: This License applies to any Open Game Content that contains a notice indicating that the Open Game Content may only be Used under and in terms of this License. You must affix such a notice to any Open Game Content that you Use. No terms may be added to or subtracted from this License except as described by the License itself. No other terms or conditions may be applied to any Open Game Content distributed using this License.
3. Offer and Acceptance: By Using the Open Game Content You indicate Your acceptance of the terms of this License.
4. Grant and Consideration: In consideration for agreeing to use this License, the Contributors grant You a perpetual, worldwide, royaltyfree, non-exclusive license with the exact terms of this License to Use, the Open Game Content.
5. Representation of Authority to Contribute: If You are contributing original material as Open Game Content, You represent that Your Contributions are Your original creation and/or You have sufficient rights to grant the rights conveyed by this License.
6. Notice of License Copyright: You must update the COPYRIGHT NOTICE portion of this License to include the exact text of the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any Open Game Content You are copying, modifying or distributing, and You must add the title, the copyright date, and the copyright holderâs name to the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any original Open Game Content you Distribute.
7. Use of Product Identity: You agree not to Use any Product Identity, including as an indication as to compatibility, except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of each element of that Product Identity. You agree not to indicate compatibility or co-adaptability with any Trademark or Registered Trademark in conjunction with a work containing Open Game Content except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of such Trademark or Registered Trademark. The use of any Product Identity in Open Game Content does not constitute a challenge to the ownership of that Product Identity. The owner of any Product Identity used in Open Game Content shall retain all rights, title and interest in and to that Product Identity.
8. Identification: If you distribute Open Game Content You must clearly indicate which portions of the work that you are distributing are Open Game Content.
9. Updating the License: Wizards or its designated Agents may publish updated versions of this License. You may use any authorized version of this License to copy, modify and distribute any Open Game Content originally distributed under any version of this License.
10. Copy of this License: You MUST include a copy of this License with every copy of the Open Game Content You distribute.
11. Use of Contributor Credits: You may not market or advertise the Open Game Content using the name of any Contributor unless You have written permission from the Contributor to do so.
12. Inability to Comply: If it is impossible for You to comply with any of the terms of this License with respect to some or all of the Open Game Content due to statute, judicial order, or governmental regulation then You may not Use any Open Game Material so affected.
13. Termination: This License will terminate automatically if You fail to comply with all terms herein and fail to cure such breach within 30 days of becoming aware of the breach. All sublicenses shall survive the termination of this License.
14. Reformation: If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable.
15. COPYRIGHT NOTICE: Open Game License v 1.0a Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc. System Reference Document. Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.; Authors Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams, based on material by E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson. Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook. Copyright 2009, Paizo Inc.; Author: Jason Bulmahn, based on material by Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, and Skip Williams.